2 Peter 2:1-3 • 1 minutes to read
Satan does not sit idly by when God works to bless his people. He will mount a counter attack. In the final paragraph of chapter one Peter explained the wonder of God’s Revelation of his word (the bible) and the process of getting it to us through Inspiration (of the Holy Spirit). The Bible is the truth we need to know God, understand ourselves, and how to be connected to others.
- In this short passage Peter reveals much about the enemies strategy:
- Satan’s counter attack has been, and will continue to be, to send false teachers.
- They will come “secretly” in that they will not be representing Satan but in disguise as God’s representatives.
- They will be “among you” to infiltrate the community of God.
- They will lead many who wish to follow God away to follow their sensual teachings in defiance of God’s way of truth and obedience to holiness.
- They do it out of their personal greed.
- They desire to exploit people through lies (false teaching).
Do you blindly follow every voice that comes your way in the name of God or do you check all teaching to see if it lines up with God’s inspired words of scripture?
Thank you for the truth of your Word that sheds light on lies that attack it. Help me discern false teachings by constant use of studying your word.